Well, all the first level pages are reformatted into the new template. Now, I only have the obituary indexes and the census records to put into the new format. However, since I have all the first level pages done, I’m removing the notice I had on the front page of the redesign. You can now get to all the information from the new front page.
My task list next is as follows:
- Redesign the Military pages – I find the information confusing, so I’m going to be creating separate pages for each major war
- Reformat the Census pages – lots of files here to update!
- Reformat the Obituary Indexes — I think this is going to be last on my task list. They aren’t too bad as it stands, so I’m not overly concerned about updating their look right away.
Then, I also want to start creating pages for new content. My task list for that is as follows:
- Create a page for listing more obituaries – as I collect them and as they are submitted by others. These would be obits not covered by the current two indexes. I don’t know what to call it however, so will have to think of a way to refer to them.
- Create a page for listing death certificates. Or, I just may end up linking them from whatever obituary index they happen to be in — would make it easier….
- Create a page for listing newspaper content
- Create a Blount County Bibliography page — so that people can consult one master list for their Blount County Research. The TSLA has one, but I find it lacking.