Township Tuesday posts will share news specific to a township of local relevance.
As published in the Maryville-Alcoa Times -January 4, 1960
- Mrs. Ella Wilson has been feeling much worse since Christmas Day. Her greatest desire since coming from the hospital last February has been to be able to go back to church, but so far she hasn’t been able to go. The pastor, the Rev. Jimmie Milsaps, has brought recorded sermons for her to hear. For the eve of the Christmas program at the church he brought his recorder and took down her testimony for the services. Mrs. Wilson presented her pastor with a quilt, the cross and the crown for Christmas.
- Misses Brenda, Sandra, and Sheila Hargis are spending a few days with their grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Conard Edmonds of Knoxville.
- Miss Lucille Walker is a patient at Blount Memorial Hospital.
- Mr. and Mrs. Ray Janeway and daughters of Carpenters took supper Christmas with Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Shields.
- The Rev. Jimmie Milsaps entered the hospital Saturday and underwent a tonsillectomy Wednesday.
- Mrs. Rose Miles visited Mr. and Mrs. C.F. Chambers of Mint Sunday afternoon.
- Spending Christmas Day with Mr. and Mrs. Harold Everett were their parents, Mr. and Mrs. L.N. Everett and Mr. and Mrs. Earl Wilson.
- Miss Linda Marine spent one afternoon with Mrs. Glen Boering of Fairview recently.
- Mr. Shird Franklin is a patient at Blount Memorial Hospital where he will undergo surgery.
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas L. Ferguson spent Christmas with their daughter, Mrs. Cecil Blevins and Mr. Blevins of Lakemont.
- Mr. and Mrs. I.D. Jackson of Knoxville spent Tuesday night with their aunt, Mrs. Ella Wilson, and Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Shields. The Jacksons are leaving the first of the year for Reno, Nev., where they will spend several weeks with Mr. and Mrs. Melbourne Jackson and family.
- Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Blevins took dinner Sunday with their son, Mr. Cecil Blevins, and Mrs. Blevins of Lakemont.