Township Tuesday posts will share news specific to a township in/around Blount County.
July 3, 1913
- Long Hollow Bill has been too busy to write, so we think some one ought to let the people know what is going on around here.
- Farmers are busy, the threshing machine can be heard now.
- Mrs. Mitchell and children from Jefferson City, who have been spending a few days with her daughter Mrs. J.L. Wright, has returned home.
- Ernest Lane who has been in the west for several days, returned home a few days ago.
- Miss Jessie Edmondson from Lyon’s View is spending a few days at home here, she will leave Thursday for Long Springs to spend the remainder of her vacation.
- Miss Lucy Hood from Concord has been here, but has gone to Knoxville to the Summer School
- Some thief entered the home of Edgar Lane a few days ago and took about $40.00 worth of jewelry including a little money.
- D.L. Edmondson and Edgar Lane have secured the contract to build a school house at Friendsville and have begun work on same.
- Rev. Myers preached a very interesting sermon at Mt. Tabor last Sabbath
- Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Lane had as their guests last Sunday, Miss Lucy Hood from Concord, Miss Bessie Wine, from Maryville and Messrs. Ernest and Homer Lane.
- M.C. Bolton has moved into his new bungalow.