This family, originally from Blount County, migrated to Kansas in the late 1800s. Descendant M. Slack has more information on her Ancestry.com tree if you have a membership.
Posts Tagged ‘Hinton’
A Blount County researcher recently sent in some photographs of headstones of some people buried in Carpenter’s Campground Cemetery. It’s taken me a couple of months to scan them in, but I have finally added them to the burial listings on FindAGrave. FindAGrave is a wonderful resource, and instead of posting headstone pictures on the Blount County TNGenWeb site, I prefer to contribute to FindAGrave. Patricia sent in photos of the following people and their pictures are now attached to their FindAGrave listings.
- Jas. Campbell Roddy – 1873-1934
- Sarah Snoddy – 1833-1899
- Samuel Grant Hinton – 1866-1928
- M. Ida Snoddy Hinton – 1873-1949
- E.H. Hinton – 1881-1920
- Iva Taylor Hinton – 1892-1920
- H.C. Hinton – 1856-1919
- Sallie Timmons Hinton – 1857-1948
- William R. Roddy – 1876-1945
- Nola Gardner Roddy – 1884-1944
- Fred Mason Roddy – 1905-1969
- Lockie E. Best – 1869-1894
- Malinda J. Tuck – 1848-1918
- Amanda Henton Byerly – 1821-1903
- Sanders C. Hinton – 1822-1899
- Dorcas Hinton – 1824-1890
- S. Calloway Hinton – 1854-1901
- Roy R. Hinton – 1888-1894
- Laura Roddy – 1871-1942
- Etta Tuck – 1872-1938
- Joseph Calloway Tuck – 1867-1949
- May Best Roddy – 1879-1962
I’ve added two new researchers to the Researcher Index:
- Don McNeilly is researching the following surnames: McNeilly, Webb, Caylor, Sullivan & Woodby
- Patricia Taylor is descendant of Sanders Calloway HINTON b 1822 d 1882 and Dorcas
RODDY b 1824 d 1890, who moved to Blount Co from Knox Co in 1852 and are
buried in Carpenter’s Campground Cemetery in Blount Co. In addition to
the HINTON and RODDY families, she also researches the families of Rev.
Robert Hendeson SNODDY and Dicy JOHNSTON, wife of Alexander RODDY.
She is interested in contacting other descendants of these families to